Monday, February 11, 2008

Discovery #4 Flickr

Well, I am on to #4 thing and it was interesting. I'm glad that you show us ideas of what other libraries do with these "things". Again it is hard to wait forever for photos to download from dial up connections. I think Flickr would be good to use in our library when we pull books according to themes and put on a shelf for teachers to pick up. If we had them on flickr then they could access the themed books by computer and see right away what we have. I don't like having my personal pictures on line BUT my son has put pictures on a website for us to look at and order from and that is so much better than us waiting to go see him out of town and then ordering and etc.. I loved looking at all the cat pictures. Then again I could spend hours doing that!!! There are some wonderful amatuer photographers!!

1 comment:

geekylibrarian said...

That sounds like a great way to use flickr at your library! At Concordia College, we have used flickr in a similar way - to "display" some of our new books...