Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Discovery #6

It was fun to look in the library and see the trading cards of the Librarians. It is almost like a business card. It is good to see the specializations on the trading cards so I know which librarian to contact for reference. I made my own trading card. The first time I didn't get it uploaded to my blog because the internet timed out. Then the second time I loaded it, it took forever to view and then when I went to put it in my blog the webpage had expired and I lost it. I won't be able to look at the toon doo unless I do it at the library and hopefully it is not filtered. Really is all this necessary? I suppose for the next generation that "old stuff" won't work anymore. A teacher said today that now in school we have to entertain the student. Maybe that is true. If anything all this new "stuff" is encouraging us to be creative!!

1 comment:

NLLN 23 Things said...

Difficult to tell which of these things will have impact in the library and education world, but nice to know what developers are thinking about. I decided long ago to pick and choose what I will use in my personal life, but do try to at least be aware of things for professional uses.

The teens in our school seem to work as hard at the adults to find educational uses for many of the tools. They see them as useful in their personal life, but don't see them as an application in school.